Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Google Kind of Makes Me Nervous

So, does anyone else get a little nervous about opening their Gmail account? No? Well, that is good. A good sign you’re not as paranoid as I am! There I am, just innocently opening my email to see what great invitations, deadlines, or opportunities await, and my eyes are drawn to the right of the screen. There they are--Advertisements. But not just your random mortgage, loose weight, better than botox ads I get in my Yahoo account. Oh no, Google is so much better. Somehow they KNOW what your email is about. So I open a random email about tickets to a baseball game from some person on a random listserv I belong to. And then, there they are, ads for baseball stuff—baseball in general, Nationals tickets, LDS posters (since it’s an LDS listserv), etc. Granted, sometimes Google gets confused and it doesn’t quite match. But ultimately, I am pretty sure Google is positioning itself to take over the country. They know too much…now if they combine with Facebook, they would take over the world.


So apparently today is Earth Day...

And this post, my friends, is the way I get to take a break from my darn museum about puppets. I thought museums just took people’s crap (that’s what the Heritage Center did, after all). But NO, apparently there are guidelines above guidelines and forms above forms to follow and fill out. I get to make all that up (isn't school great?). Very helpful and so much fun. Seriously, who knew I would rather be writing my 25 page research paper? Not me…but somehow it seems easier.

3 comments:

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A said...

Resistance is futile. To Google I mean, not to your homework. This post made me laugh. If all museums do is take people's crap, I could turn my house into one.

Heidi said...

It's good to here you on your blog again! I'm sure you are loving school even if the homework is overwhelming! I bet DC is beautiful right now.