Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What's A Voter To Do?

Well, if you are a declared Republican or Democrat, you vote! However, if you are an Independent, well, you just sit back and let the chaos begin. I am independent because I cannot commit to one party only. I know I am indecisive, but this is not a manifestation of that particular flaw of mine. Being an Independent means that I like some things in the Republican party and some things in the Democratic party. The problem: there isn't a party that represents that! And heaven forbid we ever veer from our oh so successful two party system. Things are not working as they should in our government; I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that. And I think that one of the problems is that the parties we have do not reflect everyday Americans. Who really falls under the "Republican base" and the "Democratic base?" Well, no one I know. So we continue the insane game. But it sure does make for some good drama. You couldn't make some of the stuff up that happens these days with the primary elections. Reality at its best! Okay, maybe not best, but very fascinating. So, I will sit back and see what happens. I love America. (And I'm not being sarcastic with that statement, by the way; these kinds of things really do remind me why I love America. We argue and debate and tear each other down, but at the end of the day, things manage along pretty much okay.)

1 comment:

Julie said...

reason #2008 that you should move to Virginia! You don't have to be registered as a democrat or a republican to vote in the primaries. In fact I believe that a dem can vote in the republican primary if he choses and vice versa.